Founded in 2004, the Muscota Parents Association (PA) is a vital partner in the school community. Its mission is to support the educational goals of the school and facilitate communication between families and staff.
All Muscota parents are automatically members of the Parents Association!
The PA holds monthly general meetings. Notices for the monthly meetings will be made via flyers in the children's backpacks and on the bulletin board, and by email blasts. The PA also organizes events each year to bring the Muscota community together, such as Bring Your Parents to Lunch Days, and to raise funding for the school, such as the Mad Hatters Ball. See our events page for more information.
The Muscota PA welcomes and needs parent support in all aspects of its operations ranging from volunteering in the classroom to fundraising activities. The more you volunteer, the more connected you become with other parents, the more you understand the school and the people who form it, and the more you appreciate what your child experiences on a daily basis. Quite simply, parent volunteers make Muscota a great place.
- Come to the PA meetings.
- Download, print, and fill out the PA questionnaire (English, Spanish) and return it to your child's teacher marked "for the PA." It asks about your skills and time availability. You might be surprised how your hobbies, your skills, and an hour or two can help Muscota!
- Join a committee: health & safety, events, fundraising, website, and more! Download "PA Committees" for more descriptions and expectations of each committee.
- Support our fundraisers. Volunteer when needed or buy some products.
- Volunteer for in-school activities. Whether it's in the classroom, on field trips, or for Muscota's fun events like Mad Hatter's Day or Pi Day, your involvement helps so much (and the kids love seeing you there! They're not in middle school yet, after all.)
- Become a classroom parent.
- Help raise money for Muscota by using your Target credit or check card when you shop there. Go to the Target website to list Muscota as your school. Our school ID is 117781. For more, download "3 Ways to Help!"
- Collect Box Tops for Education on General Mills products such as Cheerios and Nature Valley Granola Bars and return them to the office. Also, join the Box Tops mailing list and earn 5 automatically for Muscota.
- Register with GoodSearch and download the toolbar. Every time you use it to search the web, the charity of your choice (Muscota!) will receive a little bit of coinage. It might be small, but it adds up. Also use GoodShop for online shopping at Amazon, Staples, Travelocity, The Gap, and many more, and you'll REALLY see the contributions come in. A percent of every purchase goes to Muscota!
- Check out the PA blog!
Nancy Fiaschetti and Amy Slattery, PA Co-Presidents
Amy Slattery, Co-President
Nancy Fiaschetti, Co-President
Heidy Flores, Vice President
I am mom to Kimberly Morales, who is in 1st grade. My profession is teacher assistant. I love to help kids with their educational development. I have been volunteering all year as a library helper and also sometimes help in the classroom.
Clarisa Pascual, Corresponding Secretary
I am the parent of a 1st grader, and have been a parent volunteer in the main office this year. As a first year parent, I was passionate about helping the school to grow, and love that Muscota parents are always welcome and invited to be a part of the events happening in the Muscota community. I am always available to help, and I look forward to working along with the new PA executive board to keep making Muscota the best it can be for all of our families.
Rey and Susan Cabrera, Co-Recording Secretary
|Elizabeth Tapia-Calvillo, Treasurer
I am mother of Montse, in first grade. Kids and the learning process are my passion. I have been volunteering all year as a library helper and also leading crafts in my daughter’s classroom. My professional background is in accounting and Technology. My goal is helping to bring some new and meaningful programs to all of our kids at Muscota.